By decision of the Ministry of Finance, the major reconstruction projects in the Votanikos area, which are now on track for implementation, were officially included in the Recovery Fund. These are 2+1 actions which concern the transformation of the area, which will culminate in the new stadium of Panathinaikos.
In total, the Recovery Fund includes projects worth almost 100 million euros. The Commissioning Authority of the projects is the Municipality of Athens, which must now make haste to be able to implement them within time.
The included projects are analyzed as follows:
The first project concerns the regeneration projects in Votanikos and includes road construction projects, cycle paths and the construction of rainwater networks and drainage. The projects have an estimated cost of 33.7 million euros. A fund of 7.14 million euros has also been calculated for expropriations.
The second project also concerns redevelopment projects which are summarized in green and common areas shaping projects in the area of the Double Redevelopment and Naftiko Ohiro. The projects have an estimated cost of €42.04 million. A fund of 13.86 million euros has also been calculated for expropriations.
The third project concerns the provision of Technical Consultant services for the organization and implementation of the works. This action has a cost of 2.96 million euros.
With their inclusion in the Recovery Fund, the Municipality of Athens is given the green light to begin the maturation of the regeneration projects and start their auction. The critical point will be the duration of the tender which should be completed in time to leave the required time for the completion of the projects.
According to the planning, however, it is estimated that the contracts will be able to be signed in the second quarter of 2023. The completion of the projects is estimated for September 2025 and final completion for the fourth quarter of 2025.
What is included in the projects
1. Road construction projects, cycle paths and construction of rainwater and drainage networks
1.1. Road Construction Projects
In the wider area of Eleonas, the roads designed by the town planning study of the area have not been opened and individual acts of implementation have been approved. The overall intervention includes the construction of roads (subgrade and asphalt paving), the formation of curbs and street lighting. This specific sub-project includes the following maturity phases:
a) roads for immediate opening: refers to roads included in areas with sanctioned implementation acts.
b) Roads to be opened under conditions: it concerns roads that are included in areas where the implementation acts have been sanctioned but the required expropriations/purchases of the due lands have not been completed.
This sub-project also includes the “Redevelopment of Iera Odos with a bicycle path”. Linear common areas of 20 m width are designed on both sides of the road axis, while the implementation of a bicycle path is also proposed. The section of Iera Odos within the Municipality is approximately 2,150 m. The intervention area is estimated at approximately 43,000 m2.
1.2. Rainwater and Sewerage Networks
The intervention area for rainwater infrastructure is north of Agios Polykarpos street, where the implementation operations have been completed. The required hydraulic works of the specific sub-project are divided into 3 categories:
1. Stormwater network: the road network of sub-project 1 is accompanied by a lack of a stormwater management network. For this purpose sub-project 1 is inextricably linked to the construction of the rain network in the same intervention area.
2. Sewerage network: corresponding to the lack of a rainwater network, there is no sewerage network in the study area either. In order to undertake the implementation of the sewerage network in the area, the necessary consultation has been made with EYDAP.
3. Stream cleaning and restoration Profitis Daniel: the specific section of the stream is demarcated according to FEK 48/AAP/2009. The total length of the intervention is 400m, within the Double Redevelopment property.
Sub-project 2: Technical Assistance
For the maturation and completion of the studies and the tender documents, it is necessary to provide technical assistance for sub-project 1. The Technical Assistance services will also include the support of the Beneficiary during the tender process.
Subproject 3: Expropriations for road construction
The Municipality is liable for the compensation of the pending expropriations for the area of Eleonas in a total area of approximately 25 acres. Expropriations have arisen from 2 main categories:
Expropriations of Implementation Acts based on the sanctioned individual implementation acts in the area of Eleonas.
Expropriations of Double Redevelopment based on article 23 (case 2c) of Law 3983/2011, the properties within the Double Redevelopment project do not have an obligation to contribute land and money. Therefore, judicial or extrajudicial unit price determination procedures can proceed. In addition, the specific sub-project includes the drafting of a single implementation act for the rest of the Eleonas area.
Projects of landscaping and common areas in the wider area II of Double Redevelopment and Naftiko Ohiro in the area of Eleonas
Shared Double Redevelopment Green
In the framework of the approved Double Redevelopment program (FEK 161/AAP/2013), the Municipality of Athens, as the owner of the land, is responsible for the configuration of the common areas of the property. The configurations of the common areas are divided as follows:
Area a: Includes green areas and square configuration with a direct relationship and dependence on the configuration of entrances to the stadium and Erasitehni PAO. It also includes the pedestrian street around the shopping center.
Area b (section): Includes the entrance-exit configuration from the side of Ieras Odos from / to the Eleonas metro station.
Area c: Includes configurations of greenery and recreational areas as well as configurations for soft sports activities. The area also includes sports facilities of the Municipality of Athens which can be built in a second phase from other resources. In addition, the contract also concerns the shaping projects of OTs 17, 22 and 31 with a total area of 93 acres.
Reconstruction of Naftiko Ohiro
The property of the Naval Fort is located within the area of Eleonas and north of the Holy Road. The property covers an area of approximately 110 acres and has been designated as green space in its entirety, with the exception of some existing buildings, as these were approved by defining a building line with the Presidential Decree of 2010 (Government Gazette 236/AAP/2010).
Sub-project 2: Common space and accessibility projects in the surrounding area of the football stadium of the Municipality of Athens in Eleonas.
Sub-project 3: Technical Assistance
For the maturation and completion of the studies and the tender documents, it is necessary to provide technical assistance for sub-project 1. The Technical Assistance services will also include the support of the Beneficiary during the tender process
Sub-project 4: Expropriations concerning green areas and common areas
The Municipality is liable for the compensation of the pending expropriations for the area of Eleonas in a total area of approximately 35 acres. Expropriations have arisen from 2 main categories:
Expropriations of Implementing Acts based on sanctioned individual implementing acts.
Expropriations of Double Redevelopment based on article 23 (case 2c) of Law 3983/2011
The third project concerns the provision of Technical Consultant Services at different stages of the implementation of the projects of the Municipality of Athens in the area of Eleonas. For the organization of the overall project of the road infrastructure and networks as well as the configuration of common areas and the unified monitoring and coordination (project management), Technical Assistance of the Municipality of Athens is required. The technical consultant will support the Municipality throughout the implementation and acceptance of the infrastructure and green projects.
The provided services of the Technical Consultant will include the following basic actions:
The Technical Consultant undertakes to support the Contracting Authority, undertaking all the necessary actions to promote, coordinate and supervise the projects under the responsibility of the Municipality of Athens in the Redevelopment Area II.
Support to the Contracting Authority includes the monitoring and coordination of the construction of projects under the responsibility of the Municipality of Athens, up to and including their completion and delivery to their owner.
The contractor should promote and coordinate the necessary procedures and actions for the construction of the works. Indicative works are:
– The coordination and organization of the communication of all parties involved.
– The organization of the management system and project implementation planning. The support concerns the organization of the actions, the resources, the schedule, the quality requirements and the method of dealing with the risks, in an analytical program based on which the coordination and monitoring of the project will be carried out.
– The monitoring of the construction, the inspection of works, the control of specifications and procedures, etc
– The control of compliance with the construction schedule of the projects.
– The coordination of the construction activities in the projects from the start up to the smooth installation of the user and the full operation of the facilities.
– The coordination of the supplies and the approval process of the materials to be integrated into the projects.
– The coordination of project delivery and the compilation of project files.
– The support of the procedures provided by the Project Management System (PMS), regarding the work in the OPS to monitor the physical and financial object of the project.
The deliverable of the project should be the submission of Quarterly Monitoring Reports of the Execution of the Work Program.
- Ακολουθήστε το ypodomes.com στο Google News και μάθετε πρώτοι όλες τις ειδήσεις για τις υποδομές στην Ελλάδα
- Δείτε την εταιρική μας σελίδα στο LinkedIn
- Εγγραφείτε & παρακολουθήστε ζωντανά το ITC 2023 – 6ο Συνέδριο Υποδομών & Μεταφορών, στο Ωδείο Αθηνών στις 18-19 Σεπτεμβρίου