Connect with us

News in English

GEK TERNA emerges as the undeniable leader in Greek motorway projects

Δημοσιεύθηκε

στις

Κτίριο ΓΕΚ ΤΕΡΝΑ

GEK TERNA emerges as the queen of the highways after its apparent dominance in the thriller competition for the concession of Egnatia Odos. In the current network of approximately 2,200 kilometers of toll highways in the country, the leading Greek group has 100% in the concessions of Nea Odos and the Central Odos, while it participates with 17% in the concession of Olympia Odos.

Nea Odos includes the section Metamorfosi Attikis-Skarfia Fthiotida, the section Schimatari-Chalkida and the Ionian Road, ie the section Antirrio-Ioannina. In total we are talking about 380 kilometers. The Central Road includes the sections Skarfeia Fthiotida-Raches Fthiotida (ie the Gulf of Malia) and the E65 ie the section Lamia-Trikala-Kipoureio of Grevena, ie 238 km.

If we add the almost 885 km of the Egnatia Odos (includes the main axis of 660 km and the 3 vertical Thessaloniki-Evzoni, Siatista-Krystallopigi and Thessaloniki-Promachonas), then GEK TERNA manages to manage about 1503 km as the sole or leading concessionaire. while together with Olympia it climbs to 1740 km.

Participation in 80% of the Greek highways

Essentially, GEK TERNA will participate in 80% of the Greek highways with tolls, creating a leading position in the development of roads and road transport. Even on Egnatia Odos the Greek group has a percentage of 75% and the remaining 25% is held by the French EGIS Projects. In addition, it undertakes exclusively 100% of the constructions and the heavy maintenance.

If the tender is completed without further complications, GEK TERNA will take over the reins of the Egnatia Odos road complex for the next 35 years. The size of the company’s offer according to information reached 1.5 billion euros while the performance of an improved offer is expected according to the requirements of HRDH. It is worth noting that Alpha Bank as a consultant of HRDH, had made a valuation of at least 1, 2 billion euros just for the concession.

If we take into account that the other concessions are still about two decades ahead of them, then it is understood that the Greek group is creating an “empire” which gives it a strategic lead in the field of large concessions.

It is no coincidence that GEK TERNA is present in the tenders for the concessions of the ports of Igoumenitsa, Alexandroupolis and Kavala, all of which are connected to the Egnatia Odos, while the descent to the port of Heraklion in Crete is considered a given.

Especially for Crete, it has already undertaken the construction and management of the new airport in Kastelli, Heraklion, while it also participates in the double tender for BOAK.

Outstanding investments from 3 up to 5 billion euros

All this at a time when the group appears particularly strong at all levels having outstanding investments that are expected to reach 3 billion euros.

Recently at the annual regular general meeting of the group, the head of GEK TERNA, George Peristeris had stated that “we are currently implementing an unprecedented program of projects and investments with a total value of over 5 billion. clean energy and sustainable infrastructure. Projects and investments that will create a total of more than 20,000 jobs over the next five years. Let me say that I do not believe that there is a similar program of projects and investments in progress by another Group in the country “.

Today, GEK TERNA participates in a number of tenders for concessions and PPPs for important transport, energy, building, environmental and telecommunications infrastructures and claims with claims the new generation of large concessions that will follow in the country.

In the case of the casino in Elliniko (IRC) and the rumour  about Mohegan, GEK TERNA has stated its intention to increase its participation in the IRC scheme and as Mr. Peristeris had stated, talks are being held with the project partners this.

Advertisement href="https://tuvaustriahellas.gr/ypiresies/?service=ypodomon#service-container" target="_blank">
Advertisement
ΑΚΤΩΡ - Εθνική Πινακοθήκη

Facebook

Ετικέτες

δημοφιλη θεματα